Healthy Lung MonthOctober 13, 2022
Healthy Lung Month!
The month of October celebrates HEALTHY LUNG MONTH! We at Chicago Allergy & Asthma want to take a moment to acknowledge this awareness month. Numerous organizations have joined forces to educate the public about the importance of protecting our lungs. If we take care of our lungs, our lungs will take care of us.
Here are a few suggestions to help your lungs be healthier:
- If you smoke or Vape you should consider quitting.
- Replace the filter on your furnace with a Hepa filter.
- Clean your home ensuring to vacuum and dust.
- Make an appointment with your doctor for a check-up and inquire about screening for lung risk factors.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and exercise.
- Do your best to prevent illness such as staying away from large crowds and staying current with vaccines
- If you have asthma or any other lung condition, make sure your medications are current, and refilled and know your action plan.
Call Chicago Allergy & Asthma at 773-774-4512 to make your appointment for your check-up. We love new patients and appreciate referrals. Happy October, Happy Fall, and Celebrate Healthy Lung Month.